GUIDE DES VINS BETTANE + DESSEAUVE 2017
THE DOMAINE: Laurent Juillot and his wife manage this 31-hectare estate in Mercurey and Corton with passion and a lot of pleasure, in a respectful approach to the environment. For the sustainability of its estate and its vegetal heritage, the vineyards are maintained and replanted with massive selections since it has in nurseries a collection of 30 years-old mother vines. On the technical side, from the harvest to the vats there is no pumping, the grapes are pulled to the vine and then destemmed, the whole logs are vinified in square open vats, with little punching and pumping over.
THE WINES: 2014 gives here precise wines that deserve a little aging. A substantive work on maturing is engaged.
♥ FAVORITE: Mercurey Rouge 1er Cru “Les Champs Martins” 2014
The most accessible of the premier crus, the fruit is crisp, peppery, it has shine. The finish is extended by a few smoky notes.
GUIDE HACHETTE 2017
Mercurey Rouge “les Vignes de Maillonge” 2013
Vines planted in 1958 and 1982 on the clayey-limestone soils of Mercurey were picked by hand and grapes vinified in oak barrels for sixteen months. In the glass, a 2013 already harmonious, opened on notes of compote red fruits, to which are added very fine woody nuances. The palate is very well constructed, all in balance, in suppleness and roundness, with a long and gourmand finish.
Mercurey Blanc “Les Vignes de Maillonge” 2014
A wine appreciated for its aromatic expression (citrus, mineral touch, viennoiserie), its elegance and its balance in the mouth between a fine woody and a pleasant freshness.
GAULT & MILLAU 2017
- Mercurey Blanc “Les Vignes de Maillonge” 2014: The wine develops fat and finesse. A very elegant cuvée with beautiful aromas of white fruits.
- Rully Blanc “Les Thivaux” 2014: Fine and expressive, the wine plays in the register of minerality even if it is adorned with a nice fat.
- Mercurey Rouge 1er Cru “Clos des Barraults” 2013: A wine in balance, ready to drink today, and which spares freshness and concentration around fine notes of red fruits.
- Mercurey Rouge 1er Cru “Clos Tonnerre” 2013: The wine surprises by its astringency in the mouth. Still on the reserve, it appears concentrated and sustained by beautiful aromas of red fruits.
- Mercurey Rouge 1er Cru “Les Combins” 2013: Very gourmand, a wine already ready to drink, which plays on concentration and elegance around notes of blackcurrant and raspberries.
- Mercurey Rouge “Les Vignes de Maillonge” 2014: It develops a beautiful complexity focused on minerality. A red that expresses itself on the freshness around pretty aromas of small red berries.
GUIDE DES VINS BETTANE + DESSEAUVE 2016
THE WINES A fine finesse on the 2013 vintage, the style of the estate has gained in elegance. A real progress to follow closely.
♥ FAVORITE: Mercurey Rouge 1er Cru “Les Champs Martins” 2013
Floral and red roses notes, very long, it has a beautiful remanence and power. Very ripe and peppery, ample, it is greedy and serious.